The University for Finance Economics (UFE) was faced with a unique challenge when the government of Mongolia announced a nationwide lockdown with strict quarantine measures in late January 2020. This sudden development resulted in the closure of all educational institutions within a week and the recall of overseas students. The closure of traditional learning environments posed a problem for UFE as it aimed to maintain its commitment to providing its students with a top-quality education. The solution to this challenge was critical, as the university had to ensure the accessibility and reliability of its online learning management system for its students.
UFE decided to transfer its entire online learning management system to the AWS cloud-based infrastructure, which was deemed the most effective way to provide students with uninterrupted access to learning resources and support. The speed of implementation was of utmost importance, as students expected to continue their education despite the exceptional circumstances. The university's reputation as a leading educational institution was also at stake, and hence it was imperative that a reliable online educational system could be implemented as quickly as possible.
The migration of the on-premise systems to the AWS cloud infrastructure was completed within a period of just 10 days. This rapid transition was made possible through the close collaboration between UFE and AWS engineers, who worked tirelessly to ensure that the migration was carried out smoothly and efficiently, without any downtime. The result of their efforts was an impressive outcome that demonstrated UFE's commitment to providing students with the best possible education, even in the face of unprecedented challenges.
In conclusion, the swift and seamless transition of UFE's online learning management system to the AWS cloud infrastructure within a period of 10 days was a testament to the university's dedication to providing high-quality education to its students. The collaboration between UFE and AWS engineers ensured that students were able to continue their learning without interruption, despite the exceptional circumstances.
- Successful migration of UFE's online learning management system to AWS cloud infrastructure, without any downtime or interruption to students' learning experience.
- A reliable and accessible online educational system, fully compatible with AWS cloud infrastructure, that provides students with uninterrupted access to learning resources and support.
- A comprehensive report on the migration process, highlighting the key challenges and how they were overcome, and documenting best practices for future reference.
- A detailed training program for UFE staff and instructors, covering the basics of using the AWS cloud infrastructure and the new online learning management system.
- A streamlined process for data backup and recovery, ensuring that all critical data is securely stored and can be easily retrieved in the event of a disaster.
- Ongoing support and maintenance from AWS engineers, to ensure that the online learning management system continues to function optimally and to address any issues that may arise.
- A satisfied student body, who can continue their education without interruption and have access to high-quality learning resources and support.
- Web: https://online.ufe.edu.mn
- We were impressed by the Amazon engineers and they put this use case in their use case catalog - https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/ufe-mongolia-case-study/